Half Day Bike Hire
Book now from £15.40
Rent a bike and embark on a Cornish adventure along the Camel Trail
Looking for things to do in Cornwall where you can immerse yourselves in the surroundings and get a bit active? We recommend taking to two wheels by renting a bike for a hassle-free Cornish adventure with the family!
How Explore By Bike works:
- Tap 'book now' and choose the bike/s you would like to rent
- Book your trip! eTickets are sent instantly by email and text
- Arrive at Explore by Bike on the day of your visit to collect your bikes
- Your adventure begins!
How to find us
Priory Car park
Explore by Bike are based on the Camel Cycle Trail at Bodmin in Priory car park in Bodmin Town
- Helmets provided free of charge
- Food&drink - there is the Atlantic Coast Express café between Padstow and Wadebridge, the Camel Valley Tea Room and Vineyard between Wadebridge and Bodmin, and then the Snail's Pace Café at Wenfordbridge
- Toilets - there are public conveniences in all of the main towns as well as pubs and cafe's on route
- Bikes need to be back by 5:30pm at the latest
- To make the most of your adventure, we recommend planning your ride in advance. Check the weather forecast, wear comfortable clothing, and pack some snacks and water
- If you need any assistance or guidance during your ride, the knowledgeable team at Explore by Bike are there to help and will provide you with all the information you need when you collect your bike/s
People also ask:
- Is the Camel Trail flat?
The trail is a disused railway line which has small sections of very slight incline (1-2 degrees) but otherwise is flat and well surfaced (tarmac or thin gravel)
- Is the Camel Trail route traffic free?
There is a 5-minute cycle on roads to join Wadebridge and Padstow sections. There is also a 5-minute section on roads between the bike rental and the trail
- How long does it take to cycle the Camel Trail?
Padstow to Wadebridge is 5 miles normally taking 45 mins Wadebridge to Bodmin is 6.1 miles normally taking 1 hour Bodmin to Wenfordbridge is 7.1 miles taking approx 1.30 mins
Exclusive offers for you
Book a family day out to Bodmin Jail and discover the hidden stories and myths of Cornwall
A drive-in experience in Carmarthen this Christmas - pick your movie, book your tickets and enjoy at Street Food Cinema! Use discount code 'WEB2023'
Terrible Tours takes you on an entertaining expedition through 2,000 years of Cambridge, from the rank Romans to the sickening students!