Raglan Castle - Castles of Wales
Visit Raglan Castle with the Castles of Wales Explorer Pass
Your key to unlock Wales' greatest castles, in one ticket!
The Castles of Wales Explorer Pass offers the freedom to explore all of Cadw's historic attractions and help you get the most out of your visit to Wales.
- Entry to 25 Welsh castles and attractions (see additional info for full list)
- Visit as many castle as you want
- Choice of either the 3 day pass or 7 day pass (the 3 day pass gives you 3 days of entrance and is valid for a 7 day period. The 7 day pass gives you 7 days of entrance, valid for 14 days)
- Save lots of money!
Book your Castle of Wales Explorer Pass by tapping 'Book' on this page. Once booked, your pass will be sent to you by email. Show this pass upon entry to all attractions either on your device or print if you prefer.
Discover a majestic Welsh castle
You'll be so impressed by Raglan Castle, one of the most impressive castles in Wales.
Feel as if you're in a historic film as you climb the stairs to the top of the tower. We've no doubt your eyes will light up when you see the wonderful view of the vast Welsh countryside.
Trace your hands over the rough stones and feel how strong the rocks are beneath your fingers. One of the last true castles to be built in this country, you'll be wishing you can wake up every day with this view.
The wind will blow through your hair and you'll feel the fresh air on your face as you sit on the warm grass with the incredible spectacle of the moated Great Tower before you. This is the perfect place to snap a selfie to remember your brilliant day out.
Walk on the same grounds that Henry Somerset, then the 5th Earl of Worcester used to roam when he inherited Raglan in 1628. Among the grand amount of staff he employed, there were surveyors, auditors, and even a falconer!
Making special memories
The kids will get so excited when you start this adventure together, discovering the many secrets behind these castle walls. And to put your mind at rest, the castle is easy to get around with a pram and there are baby changing facilities here too.
A fantastic place for kids to run around is the beautiful royal garden - you'll love hearing their giggles as they get all their energy out in the sun.
Formed in several long terraces to the north of the castle, these would have once included some sort of stone balustrades, but they've long since vanished.
Head inside and admire the view from the small windows and imagine the sound of battle outside.
This place was intentionally damaged centuries ago when it fell to parliamentary authorities, despite an army of 800 men trying to defend the fortress. In fact, Raglan Castle saw one of the longest sieges of the Civil War.
We’re certain you’ll want to come back to this magical castle and you'll grow more impressed with it on every visit. Created to be a statement of wealth and influence, this grand place still conveys a sense of authority that captivates visitors at every turn.
What other Cadw attractions can I visit with the Castles of Wales Pass?
- Beaumaris Castle, Anglesey
- Blaenavon Ironworks, Torfaen
- Caerleon Roman Baths, Newport
- Caernarfon Castle, Gwynedd
- Caerphilly Castle, Caerphilly
- Carreg Cennen Castle, Carmarthenshire
- Castell Coch, Cardiff
- Chepstow Castle, Monmouthshire
- Cilgerran Castle, Pembrokeshire
- Conwy Castle, Conwy
- Criccieth Castle, Gwynedd
- Denbigh Castle, Denbighshire
- Harlech Castle, Gwynedd
- Kidwelly Castle, Carmarthenshire
- Laugharne Castle, Carmarthenshire
- Oxwich Castle, Swansea
- Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House, Conwy
- Raglan Castle, Monmouthshire
- Rhuddlan Castle, Denbighshire
- Rug Chapel, Denbighshire
- St Davids Bishop's Palace, Pembrokeshire
- Tintern Abbey, Monmouthshire
- Tretower Court and Castle, Powys
- Valle Crucis Abbey, Denbighshire
- Weobley Castle, Swansea
- Free parking
People also ask:
Castles of Wales Explorer 3-day pass and 7-day pass explained:
- The 3 day pass gives you 3 days of free entrance, that is valid for a 7 day period. The 7 day pass gives you 7 days of free entrance, valid for 14 days.
- The passes have been designed to be flexible and suit families and tourists spending one or two week weeks in Wales.
How much money will I save with the Castles of Wales Explorer Pass?
- The more castles you see the more you'll save.
- Entry to the Castles of Wales can be anywhere between £8-£15 (approx) each, so this pass is great for anyone wishing to visit a bunch castes on their visit to Wales.
- You can visit a lot of castles in 1-2 weeks!
Who is the Castles of Wales Explorer Pass for?
- Ideal for anyone looking for things to do in Wales, for anyone wanting to soak up as much Welsh culture as possible, and perfect for families on a budget!
- Wales is often referred to as the "Castle Capital of the World" and has more castles per square mile than any other country, so this pass is also great for any tourists coming to Wales too!
What does Cadw mean?
- Cadw [cad-oo] is the Welsh word for 'castle' or 'keep'
What are the Castle of Wales Explorer Pass family tickets?
- 2 adults and up to 3 children/grandchildren under 18. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
What Cadw attractions are included in the Castle of Wales Explorer Pass?
- Beaumaris Castle
- Blaenavon Ironworks
- Caerleon Roman Baths
- Caernarfon Castle
- Caerphilly Castle
- Carreg Cennen Castle
- Castell Coch
- Chepstow Castle
- Cilgerran Castle
- Conwy Castle
- Criccieth Castle
- Denbigh Castle
- Harlech Castle
- Kidwelly Castle
- Laugharne Castle
- Oxwich Castle
- Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House
- Raglan Castle
- Rhuddlan Castle
- Rug Chapel
- St Davids Bishop's Palace
- Tintern Abbey
- Tretower Court and Castle
- Valle Crucis Abbey
- Weobley Castle
You might also like
Visit Chepstow Castle and get your Castles of Wales Pass today to visit over 25 castles and heritage sites in Wales
Visit Tintern Abbey and get your Castles of Wales Pass today to visit over 25 castles and heritage sites in Wales
Visit Bleanavon Ironworks and get your Castles of Wales Pass today to visit over 25 castles and heritage sites in Wales
Visit Caerphilly Castle and get your Castles of Wales Pass today to visit over 25 castles and heritage sites in Wales
Visit Caerleon Roman Baths and get your Castles of Wales Pass today to visit over 25 castles and heritage sites in Wales
Visit Castell Coch and get your Castles of Wales Pass today to visit over 25 castles and heritage sites in Wales