Imperial War Museum Duxford - Best Price Tickets
Book now from £26.35
Book tickets to Imperial War Museum Duxford for a family day out in Cambridgeshire
Looking for things to do in Duxford? Maybe the weather is a little off this weekend, and you're wondering if there are places to visit in Cambridgeshire when it's raining.
We think you and the family will love a visit to the Imperial War Museum.
Set in the beautiful Cambridgeshire countryside, Imperial War Museum Duxford is a living, breathing aviation museum. It is one of the best preserved Second World War Royal Air Force airfield in the world. Its award-winning exhibitions take you on an unforgettable journey through aviation from the earliest flights to present-day jets, all part of a rich and unique collection.
Journey back in time at the Imperial War Museum
Whatever your interest, there is something at Duxford to inspire you, be it the Blackbird – the highest-flying aircraft ever – or the legendary Spitfire.
Step back to the days of the Blitz in Hangar 4, where the sights and sounds of the Battle of Britain enable you to fully experience Britain’s ‘finest hour’.
The American Air Museum is built around one of the biggest aeroplanes that you will ever see, the B-52 Stratofortress, an awe-inspiring presence at Duxford.
Equally stunning is one of the newest exhibitions, AirSpace, which tells the story of British and Commonwealth aviation while surrounding you with 30 of the most iconic aircraft produced, including the fastest-ever Concorde.
How to find us
By car or coach
IWM Duxford is south of Cambridge at Junction 10 of the M11 motorway, less than 50 miles from Central London and approximately 40 minutes from the M25 (Junction 27).
IWM Duxford is easily accessible from the A1, A14, M1 and the North, via the M11.
There is free parking for customers of IWM Duxford (with the exception of special event days).
The nearest train stations to IWM Duxford are:
- Whittlesford Parkway
There are taxi ranks at Royston and Cambridge, or you can take the 7A bus from Whittlesford Parkway (Monday to Saturday only).
Monday to Saturday
A2B Bus and Coach Ltd offer their 7a bus, stopping at IWM Duxford and Whittlesford Parkway Station
Accessible toilets and baby changing facilities are available throughout the site
- Free parking
- Visitor Centre
- Food & Drink, The Armoury Café, The American Café and the Workshop Restaurant
- Wheelchairs and mobility scooters are available for loan, free of charge.
Please telephone 01223 497239 to check availability and reserve a wheelchair or mobility scooter (subject to availability)
- A free site transport vehicle is available upon request throughout the day for visitors, with space for wheelchairs
- 19 designated parking bays for blue badge holders, with further bays available at the air shows
- Accessible toilets and baby changing facilities are available throughout the site, with additional facilities provided at air shows and some events
- Audio description on the Historic Duxford trail
- British Sign Language (BSL) interpretation of films in AirSpace and the Historic Duxford exhibition
- Subtitles are shown on most audio-visual presentations
- Induction Loops Systems are fitted in the Visitor Centre admissions desk and shop, Historic Duxford Trail, AirSpace, American Air Museum and Historic Duxford
- Transcript booklets are available for the audio points in AirSpace and Historic Duxford
- Seating is available throughout the site
- Assistance dogs welcome
You might also like
With its spectacular garden, impressive castle remains and stories of old, get your ticket now for an adventure at the remarkable Kenilworth Castle
Cement your superfan status. Learn about the history of the home of British motorsport – a day of the spectacular awaits at the Silverstone Museum!
See a vast array of aircraft and sit in the cockpit of a jet plane at South Wales Aviation Museum
See the changing of the Horse Guard and the troopers caring for their horses as you explore over 250 years of history at the Household Cavalry Museum
Transport yourself into the world of communication and discover five centuries of history brought to life
Delve into London's heritage and discover how its deep connection with the iconic transport network has created the London of today and tomorrow