Luminate Light Trail Tickets - Sandringham Estate, Norfolk
Book now from £18.25
Buying as a gift? Lovetovisit Gift Card available here!
Seasonal events like Halloween and Christmas, no matter how big or small, sell out extremely fast and are usually cheaper the earlier you book them. We recommend you book your tickets as soon as you possibly can to avoid disappointment.
Get your best price tickets to a winter light show in Norfolk this Christmas
Luminate returns to Sandringham Estate for 2023, bringing along its signature colourful environments and breathtaking displays for families to enjoy.
- When is Luminate Norfolk? Luminate at the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk will be taking place from Saturday the 11th of November to Sunday the 24th of December 2023. Entry times are from 4:30pm until 8:15pm each day.
- Who is Luminate Sandringham Estate for? Luminate is a family-friendly event that visitors of all ages will love!
- How much are Luminate tickets? You can get your best price tickets for Luminate Norfolk from just £13.25 for kids to £18.25 for adults. Under 2's go for free, plus you can save money on the Family of 4 ticket for £61.
Buy your Luminate tickets in just a few clicks today and have them delivered to you by email and SMS, then you can start looking forward to a Norfolk winter wonderland this Christmas today! Read on to find out more...
Visit Luminate, one of the best Christmas events in Norfolk 2023 for families
Deep within the Sandringham Estate, an illuminated trail of lights, colour, ambience and sound will take you on a sensory stroll through a spectacular world of light.
Begin your journey at one of the residences of King Charles III and wander through the enchanting displays at Sandringham's Royal Parkland. Become lost in a magical new world as you take in the otherworldly beauty that surrounds you with each step.
Be sure to wrap up warm! These are outdoor evening events and will be taking place whatever the weather, come rain or snow.
What's to discover at Sandringham Estate Winter Light Trail?
- One mile of light displays and illuminations through the historic country park of Sandringham
- Up to 13 'wow' moments and highlights that will have you gazing in awe and wonder
- Warm up by the fire pit and enjoy toasty marshmallows!
Book your tickets to the Luminate Sandringham Estate Christmas event to experience a delightful evening of lights and magic in a site with a wonderful royal backdrop.
Check out the other Luminate Light Trails this winter to see what other Christmas activities and events are going on for 2023.
How to find us
Sandringham is six miles north-east of King's Lynn and is signposted from the A148 Fakenham road and the A149 Hunstanton road.
All Luminate Visitors will get two and a half hours of free parking at Sandringham for the night of their visit to Luminate. Visitors will be parking in the West Car park (not the main day-time car-park). Please follow the directional signage to this car-park.
If you are using Sat Nav please use the postcode: PE35 6EH to ensure you arrive at the correct car park.
By public transport:
Please ensure that you check all public transport services are operational during the opening hours of Luminate, prior to booking your tickets for Luminate.
The bus stop for Sandringham is at the Country Park.
- Food and drink outlets
- Free parking
PLEASE NOTE: Tuesday the 5th of December at 16:30pm and Monday the 11th of December at 16:30pm are slots for visitors who have specific sensory needs and their families to enjoy.
People also ask:
When is Luminate Sandringham Estate?
- Luminate at the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk will be taking place from Saturday the 11th of November to Sunday the 24th of December 2023. Entry times are from 4:30pm until 8:15pm each day.
Where does the trial at Luminate Sandringham Estate start?
- The trail starts just after the Sandringham Courtyard area, at 'The Shed' and will follow a clearly defined route through the Country Park. The trail is approximately one mile long. Visitors will also be welcome to visit the Courtyard area after they have completed the trail.
Are there any health and safety rules that I should know about for Luminate Sandringham Estate?
- In order to ensure your own safety and enjoyment (and the safety of other visitors and staff), all visitors must remain on the clearly marked trail at all times.
- All children and vulnerable adults must be closely supervised at all times.
- Luminate takes place in the winter, after dark in a country estate setting. All areas other than the clearly defined trail will have potential trip hazards and risks to health and safety, which may be difficult to see during the time that Luminate is operational, so please stay on the path at all times and adhere to any instructions/advice given by stewarding staff.
- Conditions on the trail will be continually monitored by the onsite team, but all visitors are reminded that the event takes place in an outside, country setting over winter after dark. So please exercise caution when attending and supervise children and vulnerable adults at all times.
- Some of the lighting installations are interactive, so you can enjoy some light play throughout your journey. All such installations will be easily identifiable and will have stewards stationed close-by to guide you with what to do. For your own safety and enjoyment, please do not touch any other lights/electrical installations and ensure children and vulnerable adults are supervised at all times.
Are dogs allowed at Luminate Sandringham Estate?
For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, dogs are NOT permitted at Luminate with the exception of Guide dogs and assistance dogs.
What should I wear to Luminate Sandringham Estate?
- Luminate takes place outdoors, during the winter after dark. Luminate will go ahead whatever the weather. Therefore it may be cold, dark and on rainy days, wet! Please wrap up warmly & wear appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear suitable for winter weather.
Where can I buy tickets for Luminate Sandringham Estate?
- You can buy tickets for Luminate Sandringham Estate at the best prices online right here!
Is the trail at Luminate Sandringham Estate dark or covered?
- In many areas the lighting will be low level as part of the experience. Visitors are encouraged to bring along a torch but to only use this if necessary. Please ensure that children and vulnerable adults are supervised at all times.
- All of the trail is outside and is not under-cover. All visitors are reminded that this is an outdoor event, taking place in the winter and the weather may well be inclement. Please wrap up warm and wear appropriate outdoor winter clothing and appropriate footwear.
- For your own safety and enjoyment, please at all times remain on the clearly marked trail.
Am I allowed to take photographs at Luminate Sandringham Estate?
- Taking and sharing photographs is encouraged for visitors at Luminate Sandringham Estate.
What provisions are there for guests with mobility issues at Luminate Sandringham Estate?
- The trail has been created to be as accessible as possible within the context of the natural site of Sandringham Country Park .
- All of the route is outside and not under cover.
- The route is all based across paths, however, please note that some of the paths are loose bark/chippings, which may be tricky to traverse in adverse weather. Whilst care has been taken to remove all known trip hazards, the trail does take place in a country park, so may have stones/leaves/twigs etc, across the path.
- There will be some sections where cabling crosses the trail, these will be covered by cable ramp covers.
- Accessible toilets are situated at the Courtyard.
- If extreme weather conditions mean that the trail is not fully accessible for people using wheeled mobility aids (bearing in mind the general limitations as set out above), consideration will be made on a case by case basis to allow tickets to be transferred to an alternative date when the ground conditions are more suitable.
- Stewards will be on hand on the night and will all be happy to assist you wherever possible. If you need any assistance on the night, please just ask.
Can I purchase food and drink at Luminate Sandringham Estate?
- Yes, there will be a selection of delicious food and drink available to purchase on site. There will also be a marshmallow toasting fire pit area! It is strictly prohibited to bring your own alcohol.
Will we see Father Christmas at Luminate Sandringham Estate?
Father Christmas won't be at Luminate he is far too busy at this time of year making presents! But there will still be a unique and enchanting winter experience for the whole family to enjoy.
Exclusive offers for you
Families can relive the Cambridge's history in all its grizzly nastiness, as Terrible Tours takes you on a delightfully disgusting trip through time!
Terrible Tours takes you on an entertaining expedition through 2,000 years of Cambridge, from the rank Romans to the sickening students!
Meet Father Christmas, receive a gift and enjoy the many festive activities at the farm at Easton Farm Park this December. Use discount code 'WEB2023'
Colchester Castle Park is host to the Christmas winter light trail, for an enchanting stroll through the castle
Visit Leicester this Christmas to experience an unforgettable winter light trail with the family in Abbey Park. Tickets selling fast!