RHS Garden Bridgewater, Manchester
Book now from £12.35 per adult
Embark on a family day out near Manchester at RHS Garden Bridgewater
RHS Garden Bridgewater is a great idea for a family day out near Manchester. Maybe you're a family living in the hustle and bustle of the city and you're looking for outdoor things to do with the kids close by where you can immerse yourselves in nature and get your fix of fresh air?
We've got just the thing...
What will I find at RHS Garden Bridgewater?
You will find so much to see and do at RHS Garden Bridgewater. Here are some (but not all) of the beautiful things you will find at this garden attraction:
Woodland Play - perfect for a family day out in Manchester. The space has been designed to promote adventure, creativity and a desire to explore nature. Let the little ones burn off that excess energy in a stunning adventure playground with assault courses, hide-and-seek trails, den building and more!
Peel Learning Garden - Combine fun with learning! Located within the Weston Walled Garden, the Peel Learning Garden is a hands-on outdoor learning space designed to spark enthusiasm for gardening and the outdoors in the next generation.
Ellesmere Lake - a peaceful place to walk surrounded by woodland. See how many different kinds of wildlife you spot as you stroll around!
The Chinese Garden Streamside - RHS is working with Manchester's Chine community to create a Chinese-inspired garden. A theme throughout the garden is a celebration of the four seasons – important elements in Chinese garden design.
Kitchen Garden - if you love growing your own food at home, be sure to visit the Kitchen Garden, it'll be a good place to pick up some tips! And if you want to sample the food you've seen, pay a visit to Bridgewater Café - when they say the fruit and veg is locally-sourced, they really mean local!
Why we love visiting garden attractions...
The great thing about gardens is, you never step in the same garden twice.
The natural world around us constantly changing, particularly in climates like we have in the UK where our seasons play a huge role.
Step into a garden in spring and you'll see new life all around you, bursting with fresh new bulbs and flowers. Come summer, it's time to wholly enjoy the garden environment, ablaze with colour and abuzz with wildlife! Then suddenly it's autumn, and we see the leaves begin to turn their ruddy reds and oranges in one final dazzling display before winter creeps in with Jack Frost in tow, turning the garden into an icy wonderland.
And this seasonal story is told so well at RHS Garden Bridgewater near Manchester.
How to find us
RHS Garden Bridgewater is located off Leigh Road (A572), Worsley, Salford, about 9 miles / 30-minute drive from Manchester city centre. Car parking is free.
For Sat Nav users the postcode is M28 2LJ
- From the M60, leave the motorway at junction 13 for the A575/A572 exit to Worsley/Leigh/Swinton, then follow signs to the A572 Leigh Road
- From the A580 East Lancs Road (southbound), turn left onto Ellenbrook Road and then left onto Leigh Road (A572)
- Free parking - there is designated parking available approximately 65m–90m from the garden entrance with 24 accessible bays
- Toilets - accessible unisex WCs and family change facilities are located in the Welcome Building, near the Garden Cottage and Potting Sheds
- Garden Centre
- Food&Drink - Bridgewater Café, Stables Café or Garden Cottage Shepherds Hut
- Electric vehicle charging points - there are three charging stations available with space to charge six vehicles
- For the safety of all our visitors, dogs are not allowed in the garden, with the exception of registered support dogs
- Parking with designated accessible bays. Although there is not a designated drop-off point, you can drop off outside the Welcome Building at the front of the car park
- Visitors are welcome to bring their own personal mobility vehicles to help them get around
- Manual wheelchairs are available at the garden entrance for ‘on-the-day’ use
- Three powered mobility scooters are available at the garden entrance for ‘on-the-day’ use
- Lots of benches are positioned throughout RHS Garden Bridgewater
- Hearing impaired - portable induction loops are available on request for use at the entrance and Garden Centre till points
- Visually impaired - larger print maps are available. Please ask staff at reception
You might also like
Discover a world of light with the Luminate light trail displays at Walton Gardens this festive season in Cheshire. Tickets selling fast!
Discover underwater creatures at SEALIFE Manchester. Get up close with the chance to feed them too!
With two rides, a 4D cinema, LEGO® build zones and more - your family fun LEGO® adventure begins here come rain or shine!
The great thing about gardens is, you never step in the same garden twice... discover RHS Garden Harlow Carr with your family this season
With its spectacular garden, impressive castle remains and stories of old, get your ticket now for an adventure at the remarkable Kenilworth Castle