RHS Garden Wisley
Welcome to the Royal Horticultural Gardens of Wisley
RHS Garden Wisley is one of the UK’s most visited and best-loved gardens. Spanning 240 acres, it’s both the historic home of RHS and a glorious garden of the future, thanks to a brand new planet-friendly research centre.
The new RHS Hilltop – The Home of Gardening Science is dedicated to inspiring the next generation of gardeners. Come see the vital work being done to help future-proof our planet and learn all about the RHS’ ground-breaking research.
There’s always time to discover fruit and veg of all shapes and sizes in the World Food Garden, sit and reflect in the Wellbeing Garden, or spot insects skimming the water’s edge in the Wildlife
To get all the senses going, challenge yourself to race up Battleston Hill, breathe in the heady scents in the Bowes-Lyon Rose Garden, or gaze up in wonder in the tropical Glasshouse.
- RHS Garden Wisley highlights:
- Glasshouse and home to the RHS’s world-class tender plant collection
- Enjoy a relaxed stroll through a collection of magnificent century-old trees, as you wonder through the Pinetum in amazement
- Create memories on Battleston Hill, a beautiful woodland garden where winding footpaths allow you to explore a rainbow of blooms and gaze at a stunning sculpture
- Enjoy breath-taking panoramic views across their flagship garden from the Sky Terrace
- Grow at their free daily talks, demonstrations and interactive sessions at Hilltop Live – get expert gardening advice from the people that speak plants
- Surround yourself by edible flowers and herbs – taste your way around the World Food Garden created by RHS Chelsea Gold medal winning designer Ann-Marie Powell
- What’s included:
- Admission to the garden
- Access to the Glasshouse
- Access to Hilltop Live free talks, please check times with staff on arrival at the garden
- What’s not included:
- Food & drinks
- Audio guid
How to find us
There is a 14-seater (plus 1 wheelchair user space) shuttle bus service operating hourly between Woking Train Station and RHS Garden Wisley. The 20-minute shuttle bus service operates 7 days a week (excluding Christmas Day, 25 December, Boxing Day and New Years Day). The shuttle bus timetable from the 4th of February 2023:
- Woking Train Station departs: 9am, 10am, 11am, 12noon, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm
- RHS Garden Wisley arrives: 9.25am, 10.25am, 11.25am, 12.25pm, 2.25pm, 3.25pm, 4.25pm, 5.25pm
- RHS Garden Wisley departs: 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 2.30pm, 3.30pm, 4.30pm, 5.30pm
- Woking Train Station arrives: 9.55am, 10.55am, 11.55am, 2.55pm, 3.55pm, 4.55pm, 5.55pm
To use the shuttle bus service, please purchase a ticket onboard from the driver using contactless card payment. Tickets are priced as follows:
- Adult: Single £2, Return £4
- Child: Single £1, Return £2
- Under 5s: Single 50p, Return £1
- Family: Single £4.50, Return £9
- Student: Single £1, Return £2
Open air bike parking facilities are provided.
There is a cycle repair station located at the existing cycle hut at the edge of Car Park 3. Features of the station include a cycle repair stand with an integrated floor pump and heavy-duty tools, which provides a convenient facility for cyclists to carry out maintenance and repairs.
The closest stations are West Byfleet (4 miles), Woking (6 miles) and Guildford (8 miles). There are no taxis on standby at West Byfleet. From Woking Station you can get the shuttle bus straight to the garden entrance.
You can catch the 715 Kingston to Guildford via RHS Garden Wisley, hourly, Monday–Saturday. Sundays and public holidays service run every 90 mins – with diversions.
RHS Garden Wisley lies between Cobham and Ripley in Surrey, off the main London to Portsmouth road (A3) south of Junction 10 of the M25. Follow the brown tourist flower signs on the A3 and M25 to the RHS Garden. Car parking is free.
For SatNav users the address is: RHS Garden Wisley, Woking, Surrey GU23 6QB
- Free parking
- Push wheelchairs/Mobility scooter available upon request
- Visit duration is usually 2-6 hours
- Most of the attractions are outdoors, so it is advised for you to wrap up warm in the winter months
- Comfortable, flat footwear is recommended
- Only registered support dogs are allowed in the garden.
- Personal drone usage is prohibited at all RHS Gardens.
- RHS run a bus shuttle service from Woking Train Station.
- Please take care around water in the garden
- Be aware that garden vehicles may be moving around
- Sometimes the tracks and paths can be muddy, steep and uneven – please wear suitable footwear and take care