Summerhall Distillery - Best Price Tickets
10% off with discount code DAYSOUT
If you're looking things to do in Edinburgh for adults, we recommend a visit to this stunning Edinburgh distillery - plus it's 10% off with discount code DAYSOUT
Buying as a gift? Lovetovisit Gift Card available here!
Choose from two exciting Edinburgh tours for one of the best things to do in Scotland for gin and whisky enthusiasts
Get your Summerhall Distillery tickets and embark on one of two exciting tours and tasting experiences in Edinburgh today.
Secure your tickets in just a few clicks and get tickets sent to you instantly via email and SMS! Get your tickets now, or read on to find out more about each of these Edinburgh whisky and gin experiences.
Enjoy a gin experience or whisky tours in Edinburgh today at Summerhall Distillery
Summerhall Distillery offers a delightful experience for any and all spirit-enthusiasts.
Nestled in the heart of Edinburgh, Summerhall Distillery invites visitors to explore the art of crafting premium spirits through guided tours and tasting experiences.
Each tour provides a journey through the history of the distillery, the meticulous process of distillation, and the unique flavours that define their two signature drinks.
So what will it be today?
The Pickering's Gin Experience:
- One of the best things to do in Edinburgh for gin enthusiasts, The Pickering's Gin Experience takes you on a journey through time as you discover how this renowned spirit made its way from Bombay to Edinburgh. Not only this, but you'll also be welcome to try the signature Gin & Tonic, before enjoying several samples of the famous gin along your tour. You even get to take home your own miniature 5cl bottle of Pickering's Gin!
The Broody Hen Whisky Experience:
- If you're looking for whisky tours in Edinburgh, then this tour is right up your alley! The secret spirit was once illegally brewed deep in the Scottish Highlands. Today however, it's an iconic part of Scotland's whisky scene for you to enjoy at Summerhall. Your tour will take you to a secret speakeasy in the depths of the distillery, where you can treat yourself to a Scotch Blend, a 10-year-old single malt and a whisky cocktail to conclude your experience.
Whichever your choice, you won't want to miss a truly unique experience in Edinburgh with these deep dives into the history of these famous Scottish spirits and memorable tasting tours that any spirit-lover will savour long after your visit.
Handwritten in Bombay, handcrafted in Edinburgh, learn all about Pickering's Gin and treat yourself to a G&T, samples and something to take home!
Discover the story of Scotland’s hidden spirit, as you're treated to the speakeasy experience of The Broody Hen Whisky in Summerhall Distillery
How to find us
Summerhall Distillery is located within the Summerhall Arts Venue (formerly the Dick Vet School) in central Edinburgh. Distillery Tours start in front of the main entrance of Summerhall, post code EH9 1PL.
Summerhall Distillery is a short and very pleasant walk from the middle of Edinburgh:
- The Royal Mile – 15 minutes walk
- Waverley Train Station – 20 minutes walk
- Edinburgh Bus Station – 25 minutes walk
- Lothian bus routes 42 & 67 stop right outside entrance to Summerhall
- Lothian bus routes 3,5, 7, 8, 29, 31, 47 & 49 stop on South Clerk St (two minute walk)
There are railings inside and outside Summerhall where you can lock up your bike.
There is no parking at Summerhall itself, but a few pay and display parking areas in the vicinity. We recommend choosing another form of transport so that you can truly engage in the experience, and enjoy the gin during your visit.
Each of the Summerhall Distillery experiences last for 90 minutes.
You might also like
Get your tickets to Vivaldi's Four Seasons by Candlelight in St Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh for 2024, performed by London Concertante
Get your tickets to West End Musicals by Candlelight in St Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh this July, performed by London Concertante
Put some fire in your belly - with a tasting tour of Edinburgh's new whisky distillery
Book yourself tickets to the King's official residence in Edinburgh and the home of Scottish royal history
This quirky artisan distillery experience is just thing you need if you're a foodie or enjoy a really good tipple!
Take a tour of Kingsbarns Distillery and sample two single malts
A dram of whisky or sip of gin – the delights of Stirling Distillery are waiting to be sampled