All aboard the Swanage Railway!
This charming heritage railway on the Isle of Purbeck takes visitors on a journey through time, offering a glimpse into the past with its vintage locomotives and beautifully restored carriages.
Climb aboard and settle into your seat as you chug through the picturesque Dorset countryside, passing by quaint villages and rolling hills. Keep an eye out for the resident swans, after all, it is called the Swanage Railway!
Hop back on the train and head towards Corfe Castle, an iconic medieval fortress perched on a hilltop. As you approach, you'll feel like you're in a fairytale, with the castle looming in the distance and the train snaking its way towards it.
Then it's onto Swanage. Once you arrive, you can grab an ice cream or fish & chips or just soak up the delightful coastal atmosphere.
Whether you're a history buff, a train enthusiast, or just looking for a fun day out, the Swanage Railway is one of the best days out on the Jurassic Coast. So why not jump on board and experience the magic for yourself?
Your ticket is for a return journey and also includes free entry to the Swanage Railway Museum.
The stations on this journey include Norden, Corfe Castle, Harmans Cross, Herston Halt and Swanage.
A single journey is 25 minutes, a return journey is one hour and 10 minutes. A return ticket between Swanage and Norden allows you to break your journey at Corfe Castle.
See 'location' for more information about parking and finding where to begin your journey.
Book your family tickets for a trip on the Swanage Railway today
How to find us
- Norden Station - A dedicated 350 space car park and coach parking operated by Purbeck District Council (charges apply) just off the A351 Wareham
- Corfe Castle Main Road - SAT NAV Post Code BH20 5DW
- Corfe Castle Station - No customer car parking at Corfe Castle station. Limited parking in the village - Charges apply. It is recommend to instead park at Norden (see above).
- Harmans Cross Station - Small car park, operated by local council (charges apply). SAT NAV Post Code BH19 3EB
- Herston Halt - No Parking
- Swanage Station - Victoria Avenue car park, 5 minutes walk from the station (charges apply). SAT NAV Post Code BH20 1PW - Coach drop off point adjacent to the station.
- Dogs are welcome on board but must be kept on a lead and on the floor. The fare is £1 for single journey/£3 for return journey. There is no charge for assistance dogs. Dogs are not permitted in the buffets, the dining trains, the station shop.
- You are free to break your train journey at Corfe Castle Station which is in the centre of the picturesque village and a short level walk to the village square. The Swanage Railway's free-to-enter museums - the Goods Shed Museum, the Cinema Coach and Exhibition Coach - are all located at Corfe Castle station.
- Wheelchairs are able to be carried in the Guard's Van on most services and if the passenger has some mobility then they can sit in nearby passenger accommodation rather than travel in the Guard's Van.
- The trains have corridor connections between the coaches. A ramp is available at all stations to provide wheelchair access to trains, and friendly platform staff and train crews will be happy to assist.
- Please note that ramps have a safe weight limit of 300kg.