Swanage Railway - Standard Tickets
All aboard the Swanage Railway!
This charming heritage railway on the Isle of Purbeck takes visitors on a journey through time, offering a glimpse into the past with its vintage locomotives and beautifully restored carriages.
Whether you're a history buff, a train enthusiast, or just looking for a fun day out, the Swanage Railway is one of the best days out on the Jurassic Coast. So why not jump on board and experience the magic for yourself?
Your ticket is for a return journey and also includes free entry to the Swanage Railway Museum.
The stations on this journey include Norden, Corfe Castle, Harmans Cross, Herston Halt and Swanage.
A single journey is 25 minutes, a return journey is one hour and 10 minutes. A return ticket between Swanage and Norden allows you to break your journey at Corfe Castle.
See 'location' for more information about parking and finding where to begin your journey.
- Dogs are welcome on board but must be kept on a lead and on the floor. The fare is £1 for single journey/£3 for return journey. There is no charge for assistance dogs. Dogs are not permitted in the buffets, the dining trains, the station shop.
- You are free to break your train journey at Corfe Castle Station which is in the centre of the picturesque village and a short level walk to the village square. The Swanage Railway's free-to-enter museums - the Goods Shed Museum, the Cinema Coach and Exhibition Coach - are all located at Corfe Castle station.
- Wheelchairs are able to be carried in the Guard's Van on most services and if the passenger has some mobility then they can sit in nearby passenger accommodation rather than travel in the Guard's Van.
- The trains have corridor connections between the coaches. A ramp is available at all stations to provide wheelchair access to trains, and friendly platform staff and train crews will be happy to assist.
- Please note that ramps have a safe weight limit of 300kg.
Exclusive offers for you
Visit iconic cathedrals and explore vibrant Christmas markets at Canterbury Cathedral & Christmas Market tour from London. Use discount code 'WEB2023'