SylvanKin Winter Solstice Fayre - Tickets on Sale
Book now from £25.00
Buying as a gift? Lovetovisit Gift Card available here!
Seasonal events like Halloween and Christmas, no matter how big or small, sell out extremely fast and are usually cheaper the earlier you book them. We recommend you book your tickets as soon as you possibly can to avoid disappointment.
Get ready for one of the best things to do outdoors this Christmas season at the Winter Solstice Fayre
Join SylvanKin to celebrate the 2023 Winter Solstice in style at Rawcliffe Park in York.
With general admission just £25 per adult and £4.50 per child, the Winter Solstice Fayre makes for one of the best family things to do in York for a truly unique occasion.
Fans of all things outdoorsy will be delighted with the choice of activities at the Fayre, including:
- Bushcraft workshops
- Grapplehook challenge
- Campfire fun (marshmallow s'mores galore!)
- Hot food and drinks
- Wilderness medicine workshop
- Winter foraging
- Wood carving
- Bread baking around a campfire
- Yule crown and natural decoration crafting
- Venison stew campfire cooking
...and much, much more!
There will also be some very special guests and activities taking place for the Solstice Fayre:
- Rusticus: Join wilderness theatre group Rusticus for an imaginative romp in the great outdoors this Christmas. Gather winter fuel with Good King Wenceslas, dance with the first of the Snowflakes, and help the Woodland Creatures deck the halls for their Christmas Feast! With mad-cap games, music and off-the-wall activities, plenty of fun and laughter are guaranteed in a Rusticus Adventure full of warming good cheer and rousing songs – whatever the weather!
- Terenia Edwards: Join actress and children’s author Terenia Edwards for a very festive storytime this solstice! Terenia will be debuting a brand new story, Amy’s Christmas Elephant, as well as reading and signing copies of her book The Lonely Tiger. You might recognise Terenia from The Moonstone on Amazon Prime or Sony Animation’s Peter Rabbit. In 2024, Terenia will reprise her role of Zizi in a UK tour of Adrian Hornsby’s I, Piano.
- Eva Outram: Join Eva Outram, survivalist from the well-known TV show, Alone, as she gives her first talk 'Life Lessons from the Wilderness; Everything I Learned from 23 Days Alone'. Featuring a Q&A on her Alone experience, all you bushcrafters and survivalists won't want to miss this opportunity!
- SevenTwoBushcraft: Join Joe from SevenTwoBushcraft on a survival and bushcraft workshop extravaganza! With a wealth of wilderness experience and knowledge, this will provide insight and excitement to even seasoned outdoorspeople!
Please note: For Eva Outram's session and the Rusticus activities, you will need to purchase the additional tickets for them which will be checked on the day.
Celebrate the Winter Solstice in a unique day out in York today with SylvanKin and remember to use the code 'WEB2023' to get a special extra discount!
- There is a Park&Ride bus stop attached to the park, which can be used for the duration of the event except overnight
- Toilet facilities are available next to the Park&Ride bus stop
The event will be held in one of the bigger woodlands of Rawcliffe Park. There will be different forms of cover from the elements, including bell tents, to host the various activities such as leatherworking and storytelling. To keep things warm and cosy, we have a main fire and some smaller fires.
Yes, hot food and drink will be served throughout the event. No alcohol will be served. Please feel free to bring your own food and drink.
The Winter Solstice takes place on Friday the 22nd of December 2023.
You might also like
Experience a dazzling winter light trail at Yorkshire Wildlife Park this Christmas. Get 45% off tickets! Use promo code WEB2023 for extra discount
Experience a truly breath-taking walk-through wildlife adventure in Yorkshire and meet hundreds of animals!
Step into the magical wonderland that is the Northwood Fairy Trail and spot fairies along a beautiful natural trail
A stunning 18th century mansion, Castle Howard is the gem of the Yorkshire countryside with its rich history, beautiful gardens, and impressive art.
Discover the incredible life of the All Creatures Great and Small writer and his journey from a vet to renowned writer
Discover, play and learn at Eureka The National Children's Museum, an interactive and fun-packed day out for 0-11 year olds
Witness almost 1,500 years of history come to life at the legendary site of Whitby Abbey and take in the astonishing views of the city and sea below