Techniquest Science Discovery Centre - Best Price Tickets
Looking for things to do in Cardiff Bay with the kids?
Calling all budding scientists, explorers and inventors! Techniquest welcomes you to delve into the fascinating world of science - the perfect day out if you're looking for things to do in Cardiff Bay.
Techniquest gets revamp with incredible new exhibits and activities!
For any parents out there, you'll remember Techniquest being THE school trip and family attraction we visited as kids ourselves. So, there's something really special about being able to take the little ones back and see them experience the very same thrills and enjoyment we once did. See their eyes light up as they watch the water bubbles shoot up to the sky, marvel at the hovering ball, and shoot down the slide!
And now there's an even bigger reason to visit Techniquest - they have lots of brand-new, shiny exhibits!
Why we LOVE Techniquest's revamp:
- Fun for all the family! - lots of new exhibits designed for teenagers which means if you're a family with little ones and not-so-little ones, Techniquest is now perfect for a full-family outing
- Fresh, modern activities and exhibits - learn about climate change, sustainable living, the impacts of smoking on your health - all explored through state-of-the-art technology
- They've kept the nostalgic Techniquest classics meaning our memories live on through us and our families
Shoot for the stars
Have you ever wondered how a rocket is launched? Perhaps you’ve always dreamt of exploring the stars? Situated in Cardiff Bay, Techniquest is the UK’s first purpose-built and longest-established science centre.
Engaging the public with science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), the centre houses over 100 interactive exhibits where you’ll find each field at your fingertips. See if you’ve got what it takes to launch a rocket or create your own firework.
Give Beethoven a run for his money as you compose on the giant piano, and marvel at the ecosystem of the amazing ant colony.
A perfect attraction for visitors of all ages, this Cardiff science centre is bursting with things to do and see.
So much to explore at this science discovery centre
Be sure to book a show in the Science Theatre, where intrepid presenters and excellent experimenters deliver fascinating facts and live demonstrations of scientific ‘magic’ to amaze and delight.
And why not check out the new Science Capital? With over 50 brand new exhibits, the multi-million-pound project was unveiled in 2020 with the aim of making science more accessible and relevant for the people of Wales.
Step into the shoes of a surgeon and try your hand at a pacemaker procedure within the Virtual Operating Theatre.
For those with a passion for environmental science, the Earthquake Simulator and Hurricane Wall are too good to miss but hold on tight as they’ll be sure to blow you away!
With its modern and spacious layout, the Science Capital is perfect for solo visitors and groups, each exhibit designed to be engaging for all.
Coffee Mania promises to reward hard-working scientists in need of refreshments. Offering an array of locally-sourced treats, the coffee shop sells delicious sandwiches, hot drinks and snacks – including some gluten-free options.
There’s also a small, quiet room set aside on the ground floor called The Pod, which can be used for breastfeeding, as a prayer room or just when you or the kids need a quiet space to take a break from the exhibition floor for a moment.
But why should it stop when you go? The gift shop gives you a chance to continue your discoveries at home, so grab a fun puzzle, book or game on your way out.
With its abundance of interactive displays, shows and demos, Techniquest is a place for adults and kids alike to see how STEM is at the heart of our lives.
So, whether your visit is a small step or a giant leap into the wonderful and exciting world of science, everyone is sure to leave feeling inspired at Techniquest in Cardiff.
New user discount code WEB2023!
Book your general admission tickets here! Book Techniquest discount tickets using code WEB2023
How to get here
The what3words reference for the new main entrance is fairly.occupy.trucks
12th July 2022 - December 2022
- Food&drink - Coffee Mania is situated waterside at Techniquest with view over Cardiff Bay
- Toilets and accessible toilets - gender-neutral toilets on the first floor, and single-sex toilets on the ground floor
- Paid parking - Mermaid Quay is approximately 85 metres from entrance
- There are free bays for disabled users at Havannah Street car park which is across the road from Techniquest, approximately 220 metres from our new main entrance towards the back of the building
- Breast-feeding friendly throughout but if you prefer privacy there is a room available called The Pod
- Cloakroom/buggy park and lockers are available on the ground floor
- First Aid room
- Defibrillator on site
- Wheelchairs are available to borrow while you visit (subject to availability) — just ask when you arrive
- There is level access throughout the whole exhibition area, with a lift to first floor
- Assistance dogs are welcome to accompany disabled visitors as long as they are working, are wearing their tabard or harness and they are kept with you at all times
- Hearing loop-enabled front desk
- Ear defenders may be requested from the front desk
You might also like
Visit Castell Coch and get your Castles of Wales Pass today to visit over 25 castles and heritage sites in Wales
Visit Caerphilly Castle and get your Castles of Wales Pass today to visit over 25 castles and heritage sites in Wales
High up in the breath-taking South Wales mountains, this historic coal mining site has been transformed into a destination for adventurers old and new
Visit 25 castles and historic sites from all over Wales with Cadw's Castles of Wales Explorer Pass
Learn about aviation history and step aboard the last Concorde to ever fly - book tickets for a year of free entry! Discount WEB2023
Be inspired to join the sustainability movement while exploring this attraction's beautiful gardens on the foothills of Snowdonia National Park
Welcome to the National Museum Cardiff, where you’ll discover the beauty of art, science, artefacts, and much more