Standard Entry Tickets - Terror Island
Book now from £28.00
Get your tickets today for one of the best things to do this Halloween for adults
Terror Island is an award-winning Halloween night out with a scare experience. The event features four scare maze attractions which encompass a walk-through experience designed to surprise and scare. In addition, the event is home to a fully licensed bar, street food, live DJ, live music, street entertainment and access to some of Blackgang Chine’s rides.
Taking place over the course of two weekends this Halloween season, make this Halloween one to truly remember in a night of nightmares at Terror Island...
Located in Blackgang Chine, this event is for adults only (18+) and ID will be required upon entry.
How to find us
The Island is situated just four miles off the South Coast of England. There are excellent transport links and frequent crossings by vehicle and passenger ferries from Southampton, Lymington and Portsmouth.
The ferry companies and Hovertravel run regular promotions. Don’t worry if you don’t want to bring the car, as there are fantastic bus links from the ferry ports with Southern Vectis, the Island’s bus service.
Enter the postcode PO38 2HN into your Sat-Nav to find the site by car.
Parking at Blackgang is free so you can stay as long as you like in the park without worrying.
The number 6 bus route stops right outside the entrance of Blackgang Chine.
Car passenger ferry crossings to the Isle of Wight run from Portsmouth, Southampton, and Lymington.
Foot passenger crossings are available from Portsmouth, Southsea, Southampton, and Lymington.
- Food and drink vendors
- Free parking
People also ask:
What are the opening times at Terror Island?
- Doors will open from 6pm, with mazes open from 6.30pm! We recommend arriving at opening time! There’s a lot to see and do, so to make sure you get a chance to experience all of the scare maze attractions and street entertainment, plan your time wisely!
What are the closing times at Terror Island?
- The queue lines for each scare maze attraction will close at a 10.30pm. Anyone in a queue at that time will still be able to access the attraction. The event closes at 11pm.
Am I allowed to take photographs at Terror Island?
- Outside of our scare maze attractions, you’re welcome to take as many photos as you like, but whilst inside, all photography, filming and recording is strictly prohibited.
How do I dress for Terror Island?
- Please wear suitable footwear and bring appropriate clothing! October & November nights can be chilly!
Can I bring my own alcohol to Terror Island?
- No alcohol is permitted to be brought on to site. Bag searches may be in operation upon entry.
Will the characters in the Terror Island scare mazes touch me?
- Given the small spaces within the scare maze attractions, actors may touch you without malice, but they will not harm you. You must not touch or harm them under any circumstances.
What are the age limits for Terror Island?
- Terror Island is exclusively for adults aged 18 and above. Entry requires a valid ID.
Is Terror Island wheelchair-friendly?
- Unfortunately, this event is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues.
What are the warnings for each of the scare mazes at Terror Island?
If you're worried about what might happen on each of the mazes, here's a guide to all the warnings to each maze:
- Amphibious - Darklight: Live performers, confined spaces, narrow tunnels, total darkness, sudden loud noises, uneven surfaces, steps up and down, strobing and flashing lights, duck down – you will be required to duck down while walking forwards, latex, fog effects, lasers, theatrical scent, ankle ticklers
- The Summoning: Live performers, confined spaces, narrow tunnels, total darkness, sudden loud noises, air gusts, uneven surfaces, steps up and down, strobing and flashing lights, duck down – you will be required to duck down while walking forwards, crawl spaces – you will be required to crawl on your hands and knees through tunnels, latex, fog effects, lasers, theatrical scent, claustrophobia
- The Blood Shed - Dead Meat: Live performers, confined spaces, narrow tunnels, total darkness, sudden loud noises, water spray and splashes, uneven surfaces, steps up and down, strobing and flashing lights, latex, fog effects, theatrical scent
- Blind Alley - Snatched: Live performers, air gusts, water spray and splash, sudden loud noises, textured floors, uneven surfaces, steps up and down, latex, fog effects, theatrical scent, hooding - you will be asked to wear a hood, you must comply.
Exclusive offers for you
Visit Staunton Farm in Hampshire this Christmas for a mesmerising walk through an enchanting winter light trail near you
Join Peter Rabbit™ on an enchanting Christmas adventure into the woodlands of Queen Elizabeth Country Park this festive season
Enjoy the timeless charm of a heritage ride with Windsor Carriages this Christmas in a six-seater horse drawn carriage. Use discount code WEB2023
Book tickets to Hobbledown! Use the code 'WEB2023' for a discount