The Big Banquet at Caldicot Castle
After a great food festival event in 2023, we already can't wait for next year's event. We'll let you know as soon as tickets are on sale! Here are some other things to do near you...
The Big Banquet at Caldicot Castle is back by popular demand this August Bank Holiday Weekend in South Wales
For fans and folk who missed the last Big Banquet at Caldicot Castle in spring, do not worry. The Big Banquet at Caldicot Castle is back this summer bank holiday.
Once again, the incredible organisers of Forest Feastival have put on an event that won't break the bank and is for all the family, including our furry friends!
- When? August Bank Holiday 25th-28th August
- How much? Adult tickets £5 (zero booking fees!) PLUS under 16's go free!
- Who's it for? Families, friends and dogs - this is a summer bank holiday event for all
What's going on at The Big Banquet at Caldicot Castle?
If you're looking for things to do this August bank holiday in South Wales, well, you've come to the right place. The Big Banquet festival is set to be a great day out for the whole family this summer bank holiday with delights to dazzle and entertain all.
At The Big Banquet expect more than food, surprise circus performances, guest DJs and busking band sessions. Marshmallow fire pits and loads of space to just hang out and enjoy a big day or night out.
What's on at The Big Banquet:
- The food - incredible food vendors, including Indian, Afgan, Pan-Asian, Italian, Argentinian, Southern-Fried, roasts, burgers, vegetarian, vegan, yummy desserts and more!
- The drinks - festival bars including craft beers, ciders, cocktails and more
- Jaw-dropping circus shows and performers
- Marshmallow fire pits
- Spectacular evening fire shows
- Guest DJs
This brand-new banquet is an experience like no other, a celebration of food and family featuring the best street chefs from Wales over one delicious bank holiday weekend, pitched up in the picturesque grounds of Caldicot Castle in Monmouthshire.
Get ready for an extraordinary culinary experience, with the most delectable dishes from all over the world cooked up by a team of renowned street food chefs, served in a fun festival atmosphere at long banquet tables.
So gather your friends, family and even your dog and prepare to be dazzled by the vibrant and colourful world of the The Big Banquet at Caldicot Castle this Bank Holiday!
ADULT TICKETS JUST £5, UNDER 16's GO FREE!
How to find us
Visitors are encouraged to use the train to reach the site, and can arrange a taxi with the car park postcode NP26 4HU.
Caldicot Train Station is just a 5-minute drive from the site, or an approximate 20-minute walk.
Trains are served from all major routes, including Newport, Carmarthen, Cardiff, Swansea, Bristol and London.
- Paid parking
People also ask:
What days are The Big Banquet?
- The Big Banquet runs all throughout the August Bank Holiday weekend, from the 25th to the 28th of August
What are the times for The Big Banquet?
- 2 sessions on Friday, Saturday and Sunday sessions: 11am - 4pm and 4:30pm - 10pm
1 session on Monday: 11am - 5pm
Are dogs allowed?
- Yes, feel free to bring along your pooch! Please keep all dogs on a lead and make sure to pick up after them
Can I camp outside for The Big Banquet?
- Public camping is unavailable at The Big Banquet this year, but will be for future events. There are a few campsites close by if you still wish to camp
You might also like
The Great British Food Festival is returning to Margam Park for 2024 with a massive selection of things to do for foodies of all ages
Visit 25 castles and historic sites from all over Wales with Cadw's Castles of Wales Explorer Pass
High up in the breath-taking South Wales mountains, this historic coal mining site has been transformed into a destination for adventurers old and new
Learn about space, technology and more when spending a wonderful day down Cardiff Bay in Techniquest.
Raglan Farm Park makes for a charming day out full of farmyard family fun that everyone is certain to enjoy!
Hop on board at the steam trains at Dean Forest Railway and admire the beautiful forest around you
Learn about aviation history and step aboard the last Concorde to ever fly - book tickets for a year of free entry!
Discover a rainforest in the centre of Swansea, with a host of plants and animals from all around the world in Plantasia Tropical Zoo
Enjoy Up and Under's adventurous activities and courses in some of the most stunning landscapes the South West of England and Wales has to offer