Stonehenge and Avebury Guided Small Group Day Tour - Anderson Tours
Book now from £109.00
Historical Sites in England from London
This tour will introduce you to some of the magnificent and mysterious prehistoric monuments that are part of the designated UNESCO World Heritage site. This covers many famous monuments in the Wiltshire area of Britain made by Neolithic man, whose significance and uses are only partly understood. These sites are often assigned mystical or astronomical importance by pagans and modern druids, and are treated as sacred sites by many.
On this tour, you will visit the tiny village of Avebury with its stone circles situated just a short distance from its similar but more famous relative, Stonehenge. After a guided walking tour, you will have free time to explore the stone circles and village of Avebury, including the supposedly haunted Red Lion Pub.
You will also see West Kennet Long Barrow, a large Neolithic burial tomb and over 5000 years old, and Silbury Hill, the tallest prehistoric man-made mound in Europe whose purpose is still shrouded in mystery.
You will also visit the famous and well-preserved stone circle of Stonehenge, where entrance is included and audio guides provided by the site (subject to availability) allow you to walk around Stonehenge at your own pace.
- 07:30-09:00 - London Pick-ups
- 09:00-9:10 - Depart London
- 11:00 - Arrive at West Kennet Long Barrow
- 11:45 - Depart West Kennet Long Barrow
- 12:00 - Arrive at Avebury
- 13:30-14:00 - Depart Avebury
- 14:30-15:00 - Arrive at Stonehenge
- 16:30-17:00 - Depart Stonehenge
- 18:30-19:00 - Arrive in London
Pick-up point will be at Earl's Court Station (Stop C), London SW5 9TB, UK
Pick-up points in London
Earl's Court Station (Stop C), London SW5 9TB, UK
- Luxury coach transport to and from London
- A friendly and knowledgeable tour guide to make sure that everything runs smoothly
- Pay close attention to your tour guide on the day as timings of departures and arrival may vary
Exclusive offers for you
Step inside the murky past of London where the darkest tales of the city come to life
Book your tickets to Hobbledown Heath, the ultimate activity centre for kids of all ages!
Terrible Tours takes you on an entertaining expedition through 2,000 years of Cambridge, from the rank Romans to the sickening students!
Families can relive the Cambridge's history in all its grizzly nastiness, as Terrible Tours takes you on a delightfully disgusting trip through time!