Coniston Launch Campbells on Coniston Cruise (Green Route) - Best Price Tickets
Book now from £16.50
Follow the routes of historic record-breakers in this fascinating and poignant Lake District cruise
Coniston Water is a historically important site in the realm of world-record speed attempts and this cruise covers the exact routes and history of the heroic daredevils who risked and, tragically, lost it all in an attempt to make history.
This cruise is perfect for those with an interest in history or want to hear the stories of the legends of the Lake District, so buy your tickets online today and get 15% off when you buy your tickets online!
This 90 minute cruise follows the routes of Sir Malcom and Donald Campbell's speed record attempts.
This cruise includes a comprehensive talk about the world record speed attempts that had taken place on Coniston Water from the late 1930's to the mid 1960's as well as more recent events.
Take a look at Pier Cottage, where the famous Bluebird K7 hydroplane was kept during most of the world record attempts. The cruise also follows the route of the heroic Donald Campbell and his ultimately fatal bid to go faster than 300mph on Coniston Water.
Get your tickets for this fascinating cruise today, or take a look at some of Coniston Launch's other exciting adventures on the Lake District.
How to find us
Coniston Launch can be found by Sat-Nav through the address: Coniston Launch, Lake Road, Coniston, Cumbria, LA21 8AN or through the What3words: ///song.bouncing.fluctuate
There are two bus routes nearby:
- 505: Coniston – Kendal
- X12: Coniston – Barrow-in-Furness
The nearest train station is Oxenholme, which is a 35-minute drive away.
- Limited free parking
- Paid parking
People also ask:
How long is the Campbells on Coniston Cruise?
- The Campbells on Coniston Cruise duration is 90 minutes.
Can I take my dog on a Campbells on Coniston Cruise?
- Yes, dogs are allowed on board the cabins in the Campbells on Coniston Cruise, but please refrain from allowing them on the seats. Coniston Launch charges 50p per dog on any of their journeys. In recognition of the founders of Coniston Launch's adorable Flat-coated Retrievers, Saga, Folly and Epic, other Flat-coated Retrievers may travel free of charge!
Is there disabled access on Campbells on Coniston Cruise?
- The Coniston Launch boats have been made more accessible for those with mobility problems. Whilst there isn't any full-wheelchair access, Coniston Launch can carry small folding wheelchairs and are happy to assist any disabled person to board the boat.
Can I board a Campbells on Coniston Cruise with a pushchair?
- Pushchairs are allowed on board Campbells on Coniston Cruise, but because of the space they take up, there is a £1.00 charge for all pushchairs but the very smallest and folded pushchairs.
Is there food and drink on board Campbells on Coniston Cruise?
- While there isn't any food and drink on board, there are many places around the shores of Coniston Water where you can find refreshments. Both hotels and cafes just a short stroll from the jetties.
Exclusive offers for you
Live actors and thrilling special effects help bring the gruesome history of Lancashire to life
Meet Santa, decorate gingerbread and enjoy a festive show at the Adventure Valley Winter Wonderland this Christmas. Use discount code WEB2023
Head to Leazes Park this Christmas for a truly unique winter light trail with the Northern Lights Trail in Newcastle. Use discount code WEB2023
Immerse yourself in Newcastle’s rich past and handsome architecture on a 2-hour walking tour around its historical highlights