Coniston Launch Swallows & Amazons Cruise (Green Route) - Best Price Tickets
Book now from £16.50 per adult
Explore the world of Swallows & Amazons and get 15% OFF when you book online
Ideal for lovers of the Swallows & Amazons stories, this family cruise will prove to be a treat for those familiar with stories or those looking to get their kids into Arthur Ransome's works. Get 15% off your booking when you buy your tickets online today!
Arthur Ransome used many places around Coniston Water to populate the imaginary lake of his books, now you can discover these places when you enjoy a 90-minute cruise through locations such as Beckfoot, Holly Howe, Kanchenjunga, the Amazons' Boathouse and Wild Cat Island. The site was also used in filming both the 1974 and 2016 film adaptations of Ransome's books.
How does the Green Route ticket work?
- The route departs from Coniston Boat Landings and stops at Torver, Lake Bank, Sunny Bank, Brantwood and returns to Coniston.
- The cruise lasts 90 minutes and takes you to the most significant places in the world of Arthur Ransome's Swallows & Amazons.
Discover the amazing world of Swallows & Amazons with this Coniston Launch cruise today, or take a look at some of the other Coniston adventures that you can embark on today.
How to find us
Coniston Launch can be found by Sat-Nav through the address: Coniston Launch, Lake Road, Coniston, Cumbria, LA21 8AN or through the What3words: ///song.bouncing.fluctuate
There are two bus routes nearby:
- 505: Coniston – Kendal
- X12: Coniston – Barrow-in-Furness
The nearest train station is Oxenholme, which is a 35-minute drive away.
- Limited free parking
- Paid parking
People also ask:
How long is the Swallows & Amazons Cruise?
- The Swallows & Amazons Cruise duration is 90 minutes.
Can I take my dog on a Swallows & Amazons Cruise?
- Yes, dogs are allowed on board the cabins in the Swallows & Amazons Cruise, but please refrain from allowing them on the seats. Coniston Launch charges 50p per dog on any of their journeys. In recognition of the founders of Coniston Launch's adorable Flat-coated Retrievers, Saga, Folly and Epic, other Flat-coated Retrievers may travel free of charge!
Is there disabled access on Swallows & Amazons Cruise?
- The Coniston Launch boats have been made more accessible for those with mobility problems. Whilst there isn't any full-wheelchair access, Coniston Launch can carry small folding wheelchairs and are happy to assist any disabled person to board the boat.
Can I board a Swallows & Amazons Cruise with a pushchair?
- Pushchairs are allowed on board Swallows & Amazons Cruise, but because of the space they take up, there is a £1.00 charge for all pushchairs but the very smallest and folded pushchairs.
Is there food and drink on board Swallows & Amazons Cruise?
- While there isn't any food and drink on board, there are many places around the shores of Coniston Water where you can find refreshments. Both hotels and cafes just a short stroll from the jetties.
Exclusive offers for you
Live actors and thrilling special effects help bring the gruesome history of Lancashire to life
Meet Santa, decorate gingerbread and enjoy a festive show at the Adventure Valley Winter Wonderland this Christmas. Use discount code WEB2023
Head to Leazes Park this Christmas for a truly unique winter light trail with the Northern Lights Trail in Newcastle. Use discount code WEB2023
Immerse yourself in Newcastle’s rich past and handsome architecture on a 2-hour walking tour around its historical highlights