Luminate Light Trail Tickets - National Botanic Garden of Wales
Book now from £16.75 per adult
Buying as a gift? Lovetovisit Gift Card available here!
Seasonal events like Halloween and Christmas, no matter how big or small, sell out extremely fast and are usually cheaper the earlier you book them. We recommend you book your tickets as soon as you possibly can to avoid disappointment.
Get your tickets to a stunning winter light show in South Wales this Christmas
Luminate returns to the National Botanic Garden of Wales for 2023, bringing along its signature colourful environments and breathtaking displays for families to enjoy.
- When is Luminate at the Garden of Wales? Luminate at the National Botanic Garden of Wales will be taking place from Wednesday the 29th of November to Sunday the 24th of December 2023. Entry times are from 4:30pm until 8:15pm each day.
- Who is Luminate Botanic Garden of Wales for? Luminate is a family-friendly event that visitors of all ages will love!
- How much are Luminate tickets? You can get your best price tickets for Luminate West Wales from just £12.25 for kids to £16.75 for adults. Under 2's go for free, plus you can save money on the Family of 4 ticket for £56.50.
Buy your Luminate tickets in just a few clicks today and have them delivered to you by email and SMS, then you can start looking forward to the Carmarthen winter wonderland at the National Botanic Garden of Wales this Christmas today! Read on to find out more...
Stroll through the wondrous surroundings of the Luminate light trail at the botanical gardens in Carmarthen
Luminate is making its second appearance at the National Botanic Garden of Wales this Christmas and the whole family is invited to experience it!
Begin your journey at Middleton Hall and wander on through the delightful gardens as your senses are captivated by the luminous light trail.
Be sure to wrap up warm! These are outdoor evening events and will be taking place whatever the weather, come rain or snow.
What's to discover at The Garden of Wales Winter Light Trail?
- 1.4km of luminous pathways and decorations, with a calming melody of ambience to immerse you along the trail.
- Interactive light displays that illuminate the paths you walk along.
- Food kiosks and takeaway outlets with a selection of treats including hot drinks, brownies, Christmas treats and pizza.
Don't miss out, book your tickets to Luminate's The Garden of Wales Winter Light Trail today and get ready for an unforgettable night in the light.
Check out the other Luminate Light Trails this winter to see what other Christmas activities and events are going on for 2023.
- Food and drink outlets
- Free parking
PLEASE NOTE: Tuesday the 5th of December at 16:30pm and Monday the 11th of December at 16:30pm are slots for visitors who have specific sensory needs and their families to enjoy.
People also ask:
When is Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales?
- Luminate at National Botanic Garden of Wales in South Wales will be taking place from Wednesday the 29th of November to Sunday the 24th of December 2023. Entry times are from 4:30pm until 8:15pm each day.
Where does the trial at Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales start?
- There is a path all the way around, marked by festoon lighting throughout the duration. So just follow the festoon!
Are there any health and safety rules that I should know about for Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales?
- In order to ensure your own safety and enjoyment (and the safety of our other visitors and staff), all visitors must remain on the clearly marked trail at all times. All children and vulnerable adults must be closely supervised at all times. Luminate takes place in the winter, after dark. All areas other than the clearly defined trail will have potential trip hazards and risks to health and safety, which may be difficult to see during the time that Luminate is operational, so please stay on the path at all times and adhere to any instructions/advice given by the stewarding staff.
- Conditions on the trail will be continually monitored by an onsite team, but we would remind all visitors that the event takes place in an outside, country setting over winter after dark. So please exercise caution when attending and supervise children and vulnerable adults at all times.
- Some of the lighting installations are interactive, so you can enjoy some light play throughout your journey with us. All such installations will be easily identifiable and will have stewards stationed close-by to guide you with what to do. For your own safety and enjoyment, please do not touch any other lights/electrical installations and ensure children and vulnerable adults are supervised at all times, so as to ensure that they do not.
Are dogs allowed at Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales?
For the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, dogs are NOT permitted at Luminate with the exception of Guide dogs and assistance dogs.
What should I wear to Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales?
- Luminate takes place outdoors, during the winter after dark. Luminate will go ahead whatever the weather. Therefore it may be cold, dark and on rainy days, wet! Please wrap up warmly & wear appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear suitable for winter weather.
Where can I buy tickets for Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales?
- You can buy tickets for Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales at the best prices online right here!
Is the trail at Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales dark or covered?
- In many areas the lighting will be low level as part of the experience. Visitors are encouraged to bring along a torch but to only use this if necessary. Please ensure that children and vulnerable adults are supervised at all times.
- All of the trail is outside and is not under-cover. All visitors are reminded that this is an outdoor event, taking place in the winter and the weather may well be inclement. Please wrap up warm and wear appropriate outdoor winter clothing and appropriate footwear.
- For your own safety and enjoyment, please at all times remain on the clearly marked trail.
Am I allowed to take photographs at Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales?
- Taking and sharing photographs is encouraged for visitors at Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales.
What provisions are there for guests with mobility issues at Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales?
- The trail has been created to be as accessible as possible within the context of the natural site of the National Garden of Wales.
- Please note that the overall site at Luminate covers some steep gradients, so regrettably the trail does involve some unavoidable steep inclines/declines, which unfortunately some guests using wheelchairs/mobility aids may find very difficult.
- All of the route is outside and not under cover.
- Following the completion of the bottom section of the trail, the trail proceeds up a steep section of the Orangery gardens. If you are familiar with the site, this is up the usual site path located to the right hand side of the blue entry gates to the Orangery. This section is over hard standing paths, but may be more tricky during/after inclement weather.
- Shortly following the fire pits, the trail proceeds down a steep slope on a softer standing path, which may be muddy in/ after less inclement weather. Please click here to see this video clip, showing this section.
- Please note that immediately after the digital animation on the castle facade, the main trail proceeds up a short set of steps. An alternative step-free route, is available here and will be clearly marked. If you need any assistance here (or elsewhere) please just ask a member of our team, who will be happy to assist you and direct you further.
- Whilst care has been taken to remove all known trip hazards, the trail does take place in a country park, so may have stones/leaves/twigs etc, across the path. There will be some sections where cabling crosses the trail, these will be covered by cable ramp covers.
- Accessible toilets are situated at the Car-Park and at the Castle Courtyard (approximately 0.7 miles into the trail).
- If extreme weather conditions mean that the trail is not fully accessible for people using wheeled mobility aids (bearing in mind the general limitations as set out above), consideration will be made on a case by case basis to allow tickets to be transferred to an alternative date when the ground conditions are more suitable.
- Please note that Waterfall Bridge is wide enough to fit a standard wheelchair (and/or standard single pram). If your wheelchair/mobility aid is wider than standard, please contact us so that we can advise further as to suitability.
Can I purchase food and drink at Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales?
- Yes, there will be a selection of delicious food and drink available to purchase on site. There will also be a marshmallow toasting fire pit area! It is strictly prohibited to bring your own alcohol.
Will we see Father Christmas at Luminate National Botanic Garden of Wales?
Father Christmas won't be at Luminate he is far too busy at this time of year making presents! But there will still be a unique and enchanting winter experience for the whole family to enjoy.
Exclusive offers for you
The family comedy without the family! Home Alone is showing at Street Food Cinema in Carmarthen this Christmas. Use discount code 'WEB2023'
A drive-in experience in Carmarthen this Christmas - pick your movie, book your tickets and enjoy at Street Food Cinema! Use discount code 'WEB2023'
A Christmas comedy full of festive cheer, watch Elf with the family at Street Food Cinema Carmarthen this festive season. Use discount code 'WEB2023'
Prepare for Christmas comedy for the family with National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation at Street Food Cinema. Use discount code 'WEB2023'
The beloved adaptation of Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas is heading to Street Food Cinema this festive season. Use discount code 'WEB2023'