Mersey Ferries Tickets & Deals
Embark on a ferry across the Mersey and take in the iconic sights of Liverpool
There are two Mersey Ferry ticket options to choose from:
Mersey ferries are symbols of Liverpool
The ferry service across the River Mersey has a history dating back to the 12th century. With the modern Mersey Ferries services beginning in the mid-1800s.
The ferries played a crucial role in transporting people and goods across the river.
Over time, the ferry service expanded and became an integral part of Liverpool's transportation network, and today have become a symbol of Liverpool's rich history and culture.
So if you're visiting Liverpool and wondering if a Mersey Ferry cruise is worth it, we say 'yes'!
1960's history of Mersey Ferries and The Beatles
The Beatles performed four times on-board the ‘The Royal Iris Ferry’ during the 1960's.
These performances were quite the unique set of shows because they span three distinct periods in the development of The Beatles:
- Riverboat Shuffle Cruise 25th August 1961 – Pre-Epstein when The Beatles were still wearing leather suits!
- Riverboat Shuffle Cruise August 1962 – Epstein was their manager by which time he had changed their image and changed the leathers for suits, shirts, and ties! Four days after their 10th August appearance on the Ferry, Pete Best was sacked and replaced by Ringo Starr.
- Their final show on the ferry on 28th September 1962 featured Ringo on drums. By this time they had completed recording their first single ‘Love Me Do’ at Abbey Road studios. One week after the show ‘Love Me Do’ was released.
Board Mersey Ferries:
- Wheelchair accessible - toilets on main deck so accessible for wheelchairs
- Recorded commentary in English – telling you the story of Liverpool and it’s waterfront heritage
- Cruise fact sheets in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese & Mandarin
- Coffee Shop & Bar on-board
Board Mersey Ferries:
Yes, well-behaved dogs are welcome on Mersey Ferries
Yes, Mersey Ferries are pushchair friendly.
Smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes, is strictly prohibited whilst travelling.
You might also like
See Liverpool from on top of the Royal Liver Building for views of the city like you've never seen before!
St John's Beacon is a unique way to see the ever changing landscape of Merseyside and beyond, over 138 metres above the city centre of Liverpool!
The Beatles Story in Liverpool is guaranteed to inspire all, not just the diehard Fab Four fans
See over 300 genuine Beatles exhibits in the band's hometown at the Liverpool Beatles Museum
Calling all Beatles fans! This famous Liverpool attraction is right up your street - kids for free so it's the perfect time to intro them to the band
Great savings and easy access to Liverpool attractions including The Beatles Story, City Explorer Cruise, British Music Experience and more!
Discover, play and learn at Eureka The National Children's Museum, an interactive and fun-packed day out for 0-11 year olds
Explore an underground bunker that helped win World War Two - oh, and the kids go free!
Follow the history of British music, from The Beatles to Adele and beyond!
Liverpool FC Premier League tickets for Anfield 2022-23 season