River Explorer Cruise & Sightseeing Bus Tour
Book now from £12.00
Liverpool River Cruise & Sightseeing Bus Tour – the best way to experience Liverpool
Take advantage of the most popular Liverpool sightseeing experience and see Liverpool from both water and land! This ticket package is ideal for those looking for the best ways to see Liverpool in 1 weekend.
- Mersey Ferries River Explorer Cruise
- Hop on Hop off Liverpool Sightseeing Bus Tour - visit 14 of Liverpool's most famous landmarks from Liverpool’s City Explorer open top bus including The Royal Albert Dock, The Cavern Quarter, Cathedrals and Chinese Arch. With a guide on each bus, it’s the ideal way to learn about Liverpool’s history and culture
1. Embark on a ferry across the Mersey and take in the iconic sights of Liverpool
- Departing hourly, enjoy this 50-minute river experience
- An iconic route: starting from Liverpool's Pier Head, the ferry journeys across the iconic waters to nearby Seacombe and Woodside (*). On board you'll witness Liverpool's historic waterfront which includes the renowned three graces, Albert Dock and the city's two cathedrals
- Guided by expert commentary throughout the cruise, there is no better way to see Liverpool’s famous skyline than from the deck of a Mersey Ferry
- Take a picture of the world-famous skyline and a selfie with The Beatles statues at Pier Head
(*Please note that Woodside is currently closed for refurbishment)
2. Liverpool Sightseeing Bus Tour
When you return back to Liverpool Pier Head from the River Cruise the City Explorer open top bus tour will be there at Pier Head to continue your journey. Please note that the last bus tour is at 4pm (1600hrs).
Your City Explorer Bus Tour ticket can be used on both the same day as your cruise and the following day, giving you the maximum sightseeing opportunity! The ferry ticket can only be used once, on the date you have chosen to travel.
Calling at major Liverpool sites including:
- Liverpool Pier Head
- Mathew Street – Home of the famous Cavern Club
- Walker Art Gallery & St Georges Hall
- Metropolitan & Anglican Cathedrals
- The Philharmonic Hall & Pub
- St Lukes Bombed Out Church
- China Town – Chinese Arch
- Cains Brewery
- Liverpool Marina & M&S Arena & Conference Halls
- Royal Albert Dock
How to find us
Board Mersey Ferries and departure point for bus tours:
Mersey Ferry facilities:
- Wheelchair accessible - toilets on main deck so accessible for wheelchairs
- Recorded commentary in English – telling you the story of Liverpool and it’s waterfront heritage
- Cruise fact sheets in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese & Mandarin
- Coffee Shop & Bar on-board
No, you do not need to do the Explorer Cruise and Sightseeing Bus Tour on the same day.
Your City Explorer Bus Tour ticket can be used on both the same day as your cruise and the following day, giving you the maximum sightseeing opportunity! The ferry ticket can only be used once, on the date you have chosen to travel
Board Mersey Ferries:
Yes, well-behaved dogs are welcome on Mersey Ferries
Yes, Mersey Ferries are pushchair friendly.
Smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes, is strictly prohibited whilst travelling.
Exclusive offers for you
Live actors and thrilling special effects help bring the gruesome history of Lancashire to life
The Great British Food Festival is returning to Trentham Gardens for 2023 with a massive selection of things to do for foodies of all ages
Meet and greet with the Frankly Alpacas herd before enjoying homemade treats in a cosy heated marquee this winter. Use discount code WEB2023
Treat yourself to something different this Christmas with an alpaca meet and great with some tasty festive treats at Frankly Alpacas