Junior/Teen Track Day
Does your child want to be the next Lewis Hamilton, Sebastien Vettel, or Danica Patrick? Maybe they’re wanting to follow a career as a motorsport engineer or technician?
2 hours and 45 minutes
Whatever their future ambitions may be, at Midland Karting we are working on nurturing the next generation of motorsport enthusiasts, fans, and experts.
Our Track Day events build on our years of experience in delivering tuition sessions to children aged 8-16 years of age.
We don’t just give them a helmet and a ‘racing line’ to follow. Our sessions provide expert guidance on important aspects such as good ‘race craft’ and the theory of motor racing.
After a period of classroom-based learning, drivers will head out onto the circuit to put it all into practice under the watchful eye of our tutors. Drivers will be given one-to-one trackside guidance and feedback throughout, before heading out onto the circuit for one final time – a race against their fellow students, to see who’s learned the most and who’s the quickest.
The typical itinerary for the morning is as follows:
- 09:15 – Arrival
Drivers arrive with parents/guardians. Outstanding balances are paid, disclaimer forms are completed and signed by parents/guardians.
- 09:30 – Introductions
Drivers are escorted to the briefing room where Instructors will be introduced. During this time, each driver will watch our Health and Safety briefing video and kitted out with appropriate racewear for the day.
- 10:00 – Race Craft
Learn the fundamentals of motorsport – including vehicle control, flags, and signals, braking, accelerating, cornering, and – most importantly, for some – overtaking.
- 11:00 – Track Practice and Race
Skills learned in the classroom are brought out onto the circuit for the first time. Individual feedback from the instructors will be provided to each driver to ensure maximum knowledge is obtained
The theory and lessons learned in practice are brought into a fun-but-competitive race, with a post-race podium celebration.
- 11:30 – Lunch
Enjoy a hot lunch with a refreshing drink to quench the thirst of an action-packed morning.
- 12:00 – Departure
Parents/Guardians return to collect the drivers
- All drivers must have a completed driver waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian to participate in the Track Day. Drivers must ensure they arrive in good time as the Track Day will begin on time without exception. Spaces are restricted for safety and quality purposes. Circuit membership valid for the remainder of that calendar year and may be withdrawn at any time. Please speak to a member of the circuit sales team for additional information.
- All safety equipment is provided free of charge – this includes a race suit, helmet and gloves.
- You are advised to wear clothing appropriate to the weather conditions, along with sturdy closed-toe footwear. We do not permit high-heels or sandals/flip flops.
- Balaclavas - As is industry-standard, all drivers must wear a balaclava when wearing a Midland Karting helmet. The cost of your session does not include the cost of a balaclava. You may bring your own balaclava, or purchase one during booking or upon arrival for £2.50pp
Exclusive offers for you
Enjoy a train journey, a Christmas grotto, a festive party and more with Christmas Wonderland at Drayton Manor Resort! Use discount code 'WEB2023'
Visit Leicester this Christmas to experience an unforgettable winter light trail with the family in Abbey Park. Tickets selling fast!
Celebrate Diwali, the festival of lights at Abbey Park in Leicester for a truly unforgettable celebration this November. Use discount code 'WEB2023'
Treat yourself, your family, and friends to a special memory this Christmas with our Alpaca Meet and Greet experiences.
Visit Harvington Hall in the evenings for a special candlelit tour of the Elizabethan house, complete with mulled wine and mince pies!