Creepy Cambridge by Terrible Tours - Best Price Tickets
Head on the spookiest ghost walk in Cambridge with your family with Terrible Tours, if you dare...
What do you get if you take 2000 years of history, add lashings of ancient buildings, and mix in some of the world’s most colourful characters? A city that’s ‘alive’ with ghosts – that’s what!
Meet the victims of horrific punishments, see the hangman’s house, visit one of the most haunted roads in England, and hear the chilling tales of phantom Fellows and spooky Scholars that haunt the city.
On this tour, you will visit the following locations:
- Magdalene Bridge - a crossroads since before England existed and site of a 'ducking stool' for witches
- Sidney Sussex - The resting place of Oliver Cromwell - well, a bit of him at least, and maybe not resting as such...
- Trinity Lane - home to some famous rakes and occultists - including Lord Byron and 'the Beast' Aleister Crowley
- Clare College - The home of the original 'skeleton in the cupboard'
- Market Square - Home to lovely streetfood now, but 500 years ago it was a different meat burning....
- Benet Street - The oldest building in Cambridge, opposite a pub whose lease states a particular window must always be open because of the suffocating feeling all customers experience when its ghosts are trapped inside
- Trumpington Street - Home of some famous ghosts, including a Master of the college and another famous cupboard!
- Little St Mary's Lane - the most haunted road in Cambridge, if not England, with several ghosts living in its pretty cottages, as well as being known for sightings of Anglia's famous 'Black Shuck', the inspiration for 'The Hound of The Baskervilles'
What is Terrible Tours?
Terrible Tours takes all the aspects of a traditional history tour of Cambridge and throws it all out the window!
Instead, you're left with entertaining tour guides who are smart as they are eccentric, walks to only the very best places to visit in Cambridge with lots of nasty stories, from frightfully funny to downright disgusting, this tour covers everything to keep your kids entertained and laughing to the very end!
How to find us
The meeting point for this tour is at Magdalene Bridge (CB2 1UW). If you're having some trouble finding the right place, look out for the Terrible Tours guide (or guides) that can be found holding a flag.
People also ask:
How long is Terrible Tours' Creepy Cambridge tour?
- The tour lasts for one hour and 15minutes.
Where do we meet for Terrible Tours' Creepy Cambridge tour?
- The meeting point for this tour is at Magdalene Bridge (CB2 1UW). If you're having some trouble finding the right place, look out for the Terrible Tours guide (or guides) that can be found holding a flag.
Where will I stop on Terrible Tours' Creepy Cambridge tour?
- On this tour, you will visit Magdalene Bridge, Sidney Sussex, Trinity Lane, Clare College, Market Square, Benet Street, Trumpington Street and Little St Mary's Lane.
Is Terrible Tours' Creepy Cambridge tour wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, the tour is wheelchair accessible.
Is Terrible Tours' Creepy Cambridge tour pram and stroller accessible?
- Yes, the tour is fully accessible for prams and strollers.
Can I bring my dog on Terrible Tours' Creepy Cambridge tour?
- Well-behaved dogs and pets are permitted on Terrible Tours walks.
What do I need to bring for Terrible Tours' Creepy Cambridge tour?
Exclusive offers for you
Families can relive the Cambridge's history in all its grizzly nastiness, as Terrible Tours takes you on a delightfully disgusting trip through time!
Terrible Tours takes you on an entertaining expedition through 2,000 years of Cambridge, from the rank Romans to the sickening students!
Step inside the murky past of London where the darkest tales of the city come to life
Book your tickets to Hobbledown Heath, the ultimate activity centre for kids of all ages!