Alpaca Trek - Beirhope Alpacas
Head on a trek with alpacas with this family day out in Scotland
For alpaca-lovers everywhere, this really is one of the best days out in Scotland.
On arrival, you will be introduced to your new alpaca buddy before receiving a safety briefing/demo and a chat about all things alpaca.
The two-hour visit includes a walk of approximately 75 minutes depending upon the walking pace on the day.
Head into the surrounding hills of Beirhope and take in the stunning views of The Cheviots, Eildons and of course the stars of the show – your alpaca.
See a Roman Fort, hear tales of the Reivering ancestors and listen out for the marching Roman legions of times forgotten. It's a great way to make memories, have fun and get out into the countryside.
Bring along your camera and a drink for along the way as you'll have plenty of stops to enjoy these stunning surroundings.
On return to the farm for the remainder of your visit you are welcome to bring along your own refreshments and enjoy these overlooking our alpaca paddocks or get those last minute photos of your trekking buddy!
Book your tickets for the Alpaca Trek, or take a look at the other alpaca adventures at Beirhope Alpacas below:
- Gift shop
- Picnic area
- On arrival, please remain in your car to be met by a member of the Beirhope team in readiness for your activity.
- Treks are 75 minutes of walking; all routes include hills and gravel tracks.
- Treks and strolls are not suitable during pregnancy.
- The start of a trek can not be delayed and will not be altered to pick up late arrivals. If you miss the start of the trek you will not be subject to a refund or to reschedule.
- Please note that there is a maximum of 2 people per alpaca. There is a surcharge of £10 for the person sharing the alpaca.
- U18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- There may be other guests on the activity - private/bespoke visits can be arranged.
Exclusive offers for you
Hear the dark stories, meet the old Scottish characters and get ready for the fright of your life
Immerse yourself in Newcastle’s rich past and handsome architecture on a 2-hour walking tour around its historical highlights
Terrible Tours takes you on an entertaining expedition through 2,000 years of Cambridge, from the rank Romans to the sickening students!
Families can relive the Cambridge's history in all its grizzly nastiness, as Terrible Tours takes you on a delightfully disgusting trip through time!