Private Royal London Tour - The London Storyteller
Experience the royal side of London in a private tour
Travelling through over a thousand years in history, let the London Storyteller guide you through the stories, places and secrets of the British monarchy in London.
Curated to include major sites from the past and present day, designed to share in narrative form the drama of the monarchy, its triumphs, tragedies and fascinating associated anecdotes.
Choose between a 3-hour walking tour and full day privately guided experience including entrance to historic and current royal palaces with the option for afternoon tea at the Royal Family’s favourite London hotel.
Royal London Private Tour Itinerary
- Chapter One: Once Upon A Time - The tour starts in the royal park of Hyde Park one of London’s great, green and open public spaces with some surprising stories associated from Peter Pan to Prince William’s helicopter pad. How did the most lived in of all the royal palaces end up in this part of London?
- Chapter Two: Modern Royals - From the late Queen’s wayward sister Margaret to Diana, Princess of Wales and many other minor royals. You'll touch upon some of the famous and not so famous faces from the royal household who have made Kensington Palace their home over the years. Subject to opening times, we’ll also visit Sunken Garden for an opportunity to see the memorial sculpture paying tribute to Princess Diana.
- Chapter Three: The Wales Boys - The lives of William and Harry, scions of King Charles III and Diana, Princess of Wales are a drama worthy of Shakespeare himself. Explore the story of how we got here, what happens now and what this means for the future of the monarchy as we stroll through locations known only too well by them.
- Chapter Four: Victoria: The Empress & Her Prince - The glorious yet tragic tale of the Empress and her Prince in the setting of their cultural legacy to art, science, technology and music.
- Chapter Five: A Sacred Space - Westminster Abbey surely is the world’s most televised building and we delve into the story behind this remarkable, sacred scene of royal significance from the past, present and future.
- Chapter Six: Medieval Marvel & Imperial Pomp - Westminster is perhaps the most famous of all the royal palaces and yet it is as much a symbol of democracy as it is of the Crown. Dig into the stories behind some of the pomp like the State Opening of Parliament as well as the the spectacular architecture and its roots back to the establishment of Westminster.
- Chapter Seven: The King's Front Garden - Unquestionably The London Storyteller’s own favourite park in London with hundreds of years of history, beautifully landscaped and home to many very special London residents of the avian variety.
- Chapter Eight: God Save The King - The scene of triumphs and tragedy over the years from VE Day celebrations to the sombre procession of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral and now her son’s triumphant coronation in 2023; Buckingham Palace is more than a world renowned structure it is the stage from which the theatre of monarchy is projected to the world.
Experience the royal side of London with the London Storyteller today
- 3 hours
- This tour is for all ages
- Private group up to 12 people max
Exclusive offers for you
Discover the wonders of Alton Towers Resort this Christmas, when you get peak tickets for the 2023 Christmas event