Secret Garden & Cemetery Shivers Tour - Shiverpool Tour tickets
Book now from £19.50 per adult
Get your tickets to a spooky ghost tour for one of the best ghost tours in Liverpool...
Book the Secret Garden & Cemetery Shivers tour this October half-term and enjoy one of the best ways to explore Liverpool in an exciting ghost tour.
- What is it? Shiverpool is an alternate way of touring Liverpool, showing off the dark side of the city and telling chilling tales from the city's vast past.
- How much is it? Tours are just £19.50 and are led by costumed tour guides with enthralling storytelling to the city's most iconic sites and exclusive areas. You can also get a discount of up to 5% using the code 'WEB2023'
- When is it? The tours take place all year round!
It only takes a couple of clicks, make your Halloween even scarier and book your tickets to an exciting Liverpool tour with Shiverpool today! Read on to find out more...
Visit a unique and fascinating tour of Liverpool in one of the best alternative days out for the family
Join Shiverpool as you embark on a unique journey that unveils the mysteries of the afterlife in this alternative tour of Liverpool.
Begin amidst the city's captivating Georgian Quarter outside the famed haunted spot, The Philharmonic Pub. Encircled by former hospitals, asylums, workhouses, and Victorian children's homes linked to the Necropolis, your exploration starts here.
Delve into the grandeur of the surrounding neighbourhood, including the Dormitory of the Dead and landmarks like the former Royal School for the Blind and Blackburne House. Your guide will lead you along Hope Street, drawing you closer to the imposing Anglican Cathedral and the haunting depths of St James' Cemetery Gardens, the final resting place of nearly 58,000 souls.
From ghoulish creatures to historic splendour, The Liverpool Secret Garden Cemetery Tour is a captivating Gothic odyssey. Let Shiverpool's expert storytelling and award-winning guiding skills transport you into a world where spooky spirits and enthralling narratives intertwine under the moonlit sky. There's truly nothing else like it!
Highlights of the Secret Garden & Cemetery Shivers tour includes:
- Visit Liverpool’s most famously haunted hostelry, The Philharmonic Pub, surrounded by the former hospitals, asylums, workhouses and children’s homes once served by the Necropolis.
- View the surrounding neighbourhood that envelops the Dormitory of the Dead, St James’ Cemetery.
- Enter Liverpool’s Père Lachaise, City of the Dead, St James’ Secret Garden Cemetery…
- Listen to your guide masterfully weave ghostly tales and gruesome fables of the past
- Absorb Liverpool’s awe-inspiring Anglican Cathedral, the “head and shoulders of the city”
- Experience the otherworldly soul of St. James’ Cemetery Gardens after dark, where nearly 58,000 are entombed.
- Visit the venerable Chalybeate spring- where Liverpool’s only remaining natural spa waters flow from the rock bed of the town – believed to possess enlivening healing properties.
- Marvel at the impressive mausoleums and shrines including William Huskisson- the first victim to fall beneath the grinding might of a locomotive train - whose ghoulish presence still haunts his final resting place…
Your tour will begin outside The Philharmonic Pub, Hope Street, City Centre on your specified start time and will end at the Anglican Cathedral, Upper Duke Street, City Centre. The tour lasts for one hour and 30 minutes. Please arrive ten minutes before your allocated start time.
Do you dare to face the dead? If you're feeling brave, enjoy the Secret Garden & Cemetery Shivers Tour with Shiverpool, or take a look at the Auld City and the Dead House and the Hope Street Shivers tours.
Remember to use the code 'WEB2023' for up to a 5% discount!
How to find us
Your tour will begin outside The Philharmonic Pub, Hope Street, City Centre on your specified start time and will end at the Anglican Cathedral, Upper Duke Street, City Centre.
The tour lasts for one hour and 30 minutes. Please arrive ten minutes before your allocated start time.
If you arrive late by 5-10 minutes, head down Hope Street for the Catholic Cathedral of Christ the King.
People also ask:
Who is Shiverpool For?
- Shiverpool is for all ages! Shiverpool is designed for everyone to enjoy through its rich blend of street theatre storytelling, true grisly history, humour and phantasmological fun.
Is there a lot of walking on the Shiverpool tours?
- The locations where each of the tales are told are spaced quite evenly along the tour route. Walking between locations lasts between 5-8 minutes at a time. The entire route spans up to 1500m.
How long do the Shiverpool tours last?
- The tours last for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Is there a minimum age for the Shiverpool tours?
- Shiverpool tours are recommended for children aged nine and upwards, however there isn't a tight restriction on age limit. Parents should use discretion.
Are Shiverpool's tours dog-friendly?
- Due to the nature of the Shiverpool experience, only guide dogs are allowed to join on the tour.
What are the accessibility requirements for Shiverpool?
- Due to the nature of the experiences, unfortunately wheelchair or pram users will not be able to be accommodated on all Shiverpool tours.
- For some wheelchair users and prams, The Hope Street Shivers Tour is recommended. However it is important to state that the gradient of some very steep slopes and the nature of some of the surfaces – such as uneven and old public high-ways and cobbled surfaces make it a challenge for some wheelchair users.
Exclusive offers for you
Enjoy three hours of Christmas magic at Otterspool this festive season. Meet Santa, taste gingerbread, make-a-bear & more! Use discount code WEB2023
Live actors and thrilling special effects help bring the gruesome history of Lancashire to life
Meet Santa and his elves, craft a slate bauble, take an underground train ride, enjoy a mince pie and hot chocolate - promo code WEB2023 for discount
Treat yourself, your family, and friends to a special memory this Christmas with our Alpaca Meet and Greet experiences.